VIRIBUS LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY AND POLICY ON REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All VIRIBUS electric bikes are covered under our manufacturer's 2-year all-inclusive warranty for the original owner against all manufacturing defects (All free Accessories are not covered by warranty service).
WARRANTY PERIOD AND TARGET AUDIENCE TERMS
The warranty would be registered automatically when the initial purchaser ordered it in the online shop. So the warranty is under the initial purchaser and the 2-year warranty would be started since the initial owner has received it.As for the warranty transfer, the ebike transferee can only enjoy the warranty when the following two conditions are met at the same time:
- The 2-year package hasn't expired since the initial owner has received it.
- You have the initial owner's name & the initial order number.
VIRIBUS will replace any component that is deemed to be defective or damaged (including damage incurred during shipment) without user error. The warranty covers the listed products and follows the terms below:
VIRIBUS electric bike frames are covered by a replacement warranty for 2 years. This warranty includes a replacement frame only. Labor charges to changeover parts to replacement frames are not included. Changeover labor must be performed by an authorized VIRIBUS.
VIRIBUS reserves the right to use scratch and dent stock when replacing a frame under this warranty. Frame styles and/or colors not in stock may be replaced with a compatible style and/or color at the discretion of VIRIBUS.
Frame issues that are excluded from this warranty include but are not limited to:
- Paint fade, scratches, impact marks
- Impact damage
- Non-reversible modification (drilling/welding)
- Chain guard mount to the frame if applicable
VIRIBUS batteries are covered by a 2 year prorated warranty.
During 2 years of service – A defective battery will be repaired or replaced at no cost to the customer. The warranty period for a repaired or replaced battery remains unchanged based on the original purchase date.
After the first 2 years of service – A prorated credit, based on months of service, will be applied toward the purchase of a new battery. Batteries purchased at pro-rated cost will have a new 2-year warranty based on the pro-rated purchase date.
No cash reimbursement will be made. Batteries can be assessed and found defective directly by VIRIBUS only.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
1. Defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing, or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the Products), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemicals, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress;
2. Scratches, dents, and cosmetic damage, unless caused by:
- VIRIBUS Product that has the serial number or the bar code removed, defaced, damaged, altered, or made illegible;
- Ordinary wear and tear;
- Defects or damage to the Products caused by the use of accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by VIRIBUS with the Products;
- Defects or damage caused by the assembly, testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, repair, or adjustment in a manner that varies from Assembly Instructions & Owners Manual;
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision, fire, flooding, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source;
- Products used or purchased outside the United States
In addition, with respect to the battery, this Limited Warranty does not cover defects or damage:
- Caused by charging by a battery charger not intended or appropriate for use with the Battery or the improper use of a battery charger;
- Where the Battery has been used in equipment other than the Bike for which it is specified;
- Where any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering
3. Parts & Components
Original VIRIBUS parts & components are covered by a 2-year limited warranty (When all the spare parts for the warranty are sent to the customer, the customer needs to bear the freight).
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
1. Parts compromised due to corrosion due to the elements (moisture, heat, etc);
2. Damage or deterioration of the surface finish, appearance, or aesthetics of the product;
3. The Warranty of the frame, forks, handlebar, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, crank-set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD, kickstand, reflectors, and hardware only week after receiving the goods. Parts damaged during use after seven days will be charged to the customer. Labor charges for part replacement or changeover;
4. Ordinary wear and tear is not the result of defects in workmanship or materials. Wear and tear can be assessed by VIRIBUS. Parts not typically covered include but are not limited to:
- Brake Pads
- Chain Rings
1. Warranty Claims
All claims to this warranty must be made through VIRIBUS and submitted to email@example.com. Proofs of purchase and photos or videos of the damaged product are required with any warranty request. Before making a warranty claim, we suggest that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org as there may be a simple fix for your problem. Valid warranty claims will be processed through VIRIBUS within 2 years of initial purchase.
VIRIBUS will not replace any part without first seeing photos or videos of the damaged product. Customers need to provide us with evidence by email.
2. Shipping Damage Claims
In rare instances, the item received may be damaged during transportation. If shipping damage occurs, please contact email@example.com and provide us with photo or video proof.
All free accessories will not participate in the replacement or compensation if they cause scratches during transportation.
NOTICE: we will not accept Shipping Damage Claims later than 7 days from receipt of products.